The Xone:DB4 is a truly ground-breaking mixer and by far the most advanced product that Allen & Heath have designed. Every feature has been meticulously researched with a view to offering DJs ultimate creativity.
Based on the iLive pro-touring FX system, Allen & Heath developed FX algorithms with BPM conscious parameters and tight spectral control, customised to perfectly fit the DJ environment. As the loops and FX are automatically synchronised to the tempo of the track, it is very easy to build some amazing grooves and soundscapes without problems of latency, low fidelity and the general hassle often associated with using software and laptops.
The flexible input matrix allows any audio source to be selected on any or all of the channels. Different processing can be applied to the same track on separate channels and you can fade between them, or a phrase sampled in the looper of one channel can be added to the mix later in the track. The Allen & Heath digital design team has done an incredible job to ensure that this is one of the most innovative and exciting DJ mix tools to date.
- Quad FX Core: The heart of the Xone:DB4 is the powerful Quad FX Core DSP engine, enabling each channel to have its own FX bank and BPM detection system, which automatically adjusts all time-related FX and loops to the tempo of the music. There are 5 studio quality FX types optimised for DJ use – delays, reverbs, modulators, resonators and damage – plus each FX type has a patch library of different effect variations. Each FX bank has a dedicated expression control and a rotary pot to set the wet/dry level, whilst further tweaking can be performed using the global controllers in the FX master section.
- X:LINK: X:LINK uses a standard RJ45 connector and distributes power and data allowing connection to X:LINK compatible devices, saving USB ports on your computer.
- Looper: Each channel has a built-in looper, with selectable loop length from 1/16 beat to 4 bars. DB4 will always record the full 4 bars, so the loop can be expanded or shrunk at will.
- Filters: DB4 comes equipped with the Xone dual filter system.
- Source Select: Each music channel can select any of the available stereo music sources: Analogue Line 1-4 (switchable to Phono on 2-3), Digital 1-4 or USB 1-4.
- EQ/Filter: Each music channel has a 3-band EQ that can be configured as standard asymmetric EQ (+6/-26dB), Isolator (+6dB/OFF with a 24dB/octave slope), or reconfigured as a High-Pass/Low-Pass filter system with adjustable resonance. EQ knob pointers change colour to show which type of equalization is active.
- Mic/Line Input: The Mic/Line input has 2-band EQ, gain, cue and mix level. This can also be routed to all main input channels overriding Matrix analogue input channel 1 for adding FX and accessing the loopers.
- Integral Soundcard: A built-in, high quality (24-bit / 96kHz), multi-channel, fully patchable USB2 soundcard allows replay and recording from audio software for 4 stereo sends and 4 stereo returns.
- USB: User-defined settings such as meter mode, BPM range, USB audio routing scheme and display brightness can be saved to a USB key for recall on another DB4.
- MIDI Control: All controls (except Mic and Phones level) send MIDI data and the mixer can double up as a MIDI controller via the MIDI shift button, allowing the Loop and FX selection controls to send MIDI data without changing the mixer settings. DB4 can generate internal MIDI clock which can be used to control the tempo of a connected DAW via USB and the ability to change the mixers MIDI channel.
- Output Patchbay: Booth, record and phones – source selectable and level trim. Booth and main – phase and level trim controls.
- High Visibility Display: The OLED display is clearly visible, even in bright sunlight, and displays channel FX selection and current BPM, as well as being an easy interface for the Menu setup functions.
- Lightweight Chassis: DB4’s lightweight aluminium chassis is designed to make touring with the console easy.
- Main outputs: 0VU = +4dBu
- Monitor: 0VU = +4dBu
- Record: 0VU = +4dBu
- Maximum output level: +24dBu balanced
- Mic Sensitivity: -20dB - -50dB
- RIAA input sensitivity: 1kHz 70mV = 0VU (200mV max)
- Frequency response Line in to Mix out: 10Hz - 20kHz +0/-0.5dB
- Distortion at 1kHz Line in at +0Vu out: 0.003% (-90dB) un-weighted
- Main Mix noise 22Hz— 22KHz un-weighted: -84dBu (104dB dynamic range)
- Residual Mix noise22Hz— 22KHz un-weighted: -88dBu
- Equalization: +6dB boost/-26dB or Total Kill 3 Band
- Fader Shutoff: -110dBr
Physical & Dimensions
- Width: 320mm
- Height: 88mm
- Depth: 358mm
- Weight: 5.1kg
Delivery & Returns
Free Delivery on all orders of any size! Once your order is dispatched it will be delivered within 3-4 working days. Next Day Delivery is available at checkout at an extra cost of £5.99. All orders placed before 2 pm will be dispatched the same day, if you place an order after this time or on a weekend or bank holiday then we will dispatch the following working day. If you would like to return your product for any reason, our friendly team are on hand to assist, so please get in contact with us.