When a sound system is properly tuned, it becomes powerful, balanced and efficient. Bass content is punchy and tight, with vocals and instruments that are rich, crisp and well defined. The CX2310 crossovers accurate signal processing protects critical loudspeaker components and improves overall system efficiency. All Input and Output connections are balanced/unbalanced XLR and feature 25 Hz Low Cut filters for low-frequency driver protection plus Mute and Phase Invert switches, making troubleshooting even a large system virtually effortless!
Chances are if you're reading this, you already know what a crossover is and you know that you need one. But if you are new to multi-way PA systems, here's a brief overview. Loudspeakers (which we call transducers) convert electrical signals into sound waves. And no matter how well a transducer is designed or made, it simply cannot reproduce the entire audio spectrum all by itself. Low-frequency sounds tend to push a transducer to the maximum, making it impossible for that same transducer to reproduce the treble content with the sound quality it deserves. (Try singing high falsetto next time you're bench-pressing your limit!)
The CX2310 provides two modes of operation: 2-way stereo, for Left and Right Lows (woofers) and Highs (tweeters); and 3-way mono, for Lows, Mids and Highs. In either mode, there is an additional output provided for a mono Subwoofer, with its own Frequency and Level controls. This extra feature effectively turns the CX2310 into a stereo 2-way + mono 1-way, or a mono 4-way frequency crossover. The Subwoofer Output is presented in mono, since people perceive extremely-low bass frequencies as being omnidirectional. For your convenience, the CX2310s front panel features an elegant and easy-to-read LED matrix, so you can see at a glance which operating mode has been selected and which controls are currently active.
The high-precision CX2310 is the super-effective and affordable way to optimise the performance of your sound system and protect your valuable loudspeaker investment at the same time! That's why high-quality sound systems use multiple speakers (woofers and tweeters) to spread out the work. While the woofer (usually the larger transducer) does all the heavy lifting, the tweeter can easily handle the high-frequency content. Three and four-way systems distribute the work even more, allowing the individual transducers to reproduce the frequency range for which they were designed. It is the crossover?s function to divide these tasks between the various amplifiers and transducers.
- Professional stereo 2-way/mono 3-way crossover featuring state-of-the-art Linkwitz-Riley filters with 24 dB/octave
- Illuminated switches for secure operation in dark stage environments
- Ultra-high precision potentiometers for ultimate accuracy and repeatability
- Servo-balanced and gold-plated XLR connectors for all inputs and outputs
- Switchable 25 Hz Low cut filter on each input for low-frequency driver protection
- Individual Phase reverse switches for instant phase correction
- Individual output Mute switches for easy band adjustment
- Individual output Gain controls for all bands
- Absolutely flat summed amplitude response, zero phase difference
- Additional subwoofer output with independent Frequency control
- Internal switch-mode power supply (100 - 240 V)
- Depth (mm): 147
- Height (mm): 44
- Width (mm): 483
- Product Dimensions (mm): 44x483x147
- Net weight (kg): 1.6
- Colour: Silver/Black
- Input Impedance: 52 k? balanced, 26 k? unbalanced
- Inputs: XLR, electronically servo-balanced, HF fi ltered
- Output Impedance: <100 , Balanced or unbalanced
- Outputs: XLR, electronically servo-balanced, HF fi ltered
Delivery & Returns
Free Delivery on all orders of any size! Once your order is dispatched it will be delivered within 2-3 working days. Next Day Delivery is available at checkout at an extra cost of £5.99 on all products in stock. If any product in your order states usually dispatched within 3-5 working days, or stock due date, the product will be ordered directly from our suppliers and shipped out to you when it arrives at our warehouse. All in-stock orders placed before 2 pm will be dispatched the same day, if you place an order after this time or on a weekend or bank holiday then we will dispatch the following working day. If you would like to return your product for any reason, our friendly team is on hand to assist, so please get in contact with us.