When a sound system is properly tuned, it becomes powerful, balanced and efficient. Bass content is punchy and tight, with vocals and instruments that are rich, crisp and well defined. The CX3400 crossovers accurate signal processing protects critical loudspeaker components and improves overall system efficiency. All Input and Output connections are balanced/unbalanced XLR and feature 25 Hz Low Cut filters for low-frequency driver protection plus off er Mute and Phase Invert switches, making troubleshooting even a large system virtually effortless!
Chances are if you're reading this, you already know what a crossover is and you know that you need one. But if you are new to multi-way PA systems, here's a brief overview. Loudspeakers (which we call transducers) convert electrical signals into sound waves. And no matter how well a transducer is designed or made, it simply cannot reproduce the entire audio spectrum all by itself. Low-frequency sounds tend to push a transducer to the maximum, making it impossible for that same transducer to reproduce the treble content with the sound quality it deserves. (Try singing high falsetto next time you're bench-pressing your limit!) That's why high-quality sound systems use multiple speakers (woofers and tweeters) to spread out the work. While the woofer (usually the larger transducer) does all the heavy lifting, the tweeter can easily handle the high-frequency content. Three and four-way systems distribute the work even more, allowing the individual transducers to reproduce the frequency range for which they were designed. It is the crossovers function to divide these tasks between the various amplifiers and transducers.
The CX3400 provides three modes of operation: 2-way stereo, for Left and Right Lows (woofers) and Highs (tweeters); and 3-way stereo, for Left and Right Lows, Mids and Highs; and 4-way mono, for Lows, Low-Mids, High-Mids and Highs. For your convenience, the CX3400s front panel features an elegant and easy-to-read LED matrix, so you can see at a glance which operating mode has been selected and which controls are currently active.
When a driver radiates into open space via a horn, its efficiency increases. Over the past few years, constant-directivity horns have gained widespread popularity, since they are designed to produce consistent dispersion over their entire frequency range however, the higher the frequency, the lower the efficiency. To compensate for this, the CX3400 includes a switchable pre-EQ for CD horns that ensures a fl at frequency response, even before equalisation is applied. This pre-EQ raises the signal gain by 3 dB at 3.5 kHz, which then increases by 6 dB/oct. up to 22.5 kHz.
- Professional stereo 2-way/3-way/mono 4-way crossover featuring state-of-the-art Linkwitz-Riley filters with 24 dB/octave
- Illuminated switches for secure operation in dark stage environments
- Ultra-high precision potentiometers for ultimate accuracy and repeatability
- Servo-balanced and gold-plated XLR connectors for all inputs and outputs
- Switchable 25 Hz Low cut filter on each input for low-frequency driver protection
- Individual Phase reverse switches for instant phase correction
- Individual output Mute switches for easy band adjustment
- Individual output Gain controls for all bands
- 'Low Sum' function provides mono output for subwoofer operation
- Absolutely flat summed amplitude response, zero phase difference
- CD horn equalization for constant directivity horn compensation
- Adjustable time delay for phase alignment between drivers
- Individual Limiters on each output for optimal loudspeaker protection
- Internal switch-mode power supply (100 - 240 V)
- Depth (mm): 147
- Height (mm): 44
- Width (mm): 483
- Product Dimensions (mm): 44x482x147
- Net weight (kg): 1.7
- Colour: Silver/Black
- Input Impedance: >50 k ohm balanced, >25 k ohm unbalanced
- Inputs: XLR, HF-fi ltered, electronically servo-balanced
- Output Impedance: 100 ohm balanced or unbalanced
- Outputs: XLR, HF-fi ltered, electronically servo-balanced
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.