The ADK A6 has been designed to be reliable and robust with a relatively “neutral” sound coloration. This means that you can use the A6 on almost anything and get a great sound. The dynamic range was set to allow for moderately heavy sound pressure levels but keeping digital recording in mind, the noise floor is also appreciably low. The ADK A6 is a reliable, “all rounder” Studio Microphone which can be also used “Live”.
The A6 is basically a hot-rodded ADK A-51. The FET circuit is finely tuned, optimized for clean, wideband amplification and impedance conversion. The circuit has been “purified” in that the original’s EQ circuit has been reworked to impart less artifacts on the signal. For instance, in the A6 the HF tayloring is all done passively. The Low frequency response is tighter and more extended and the noise floor is lower due to the improvement of the circuit (EQ and Z converter/amp). The components in the A6 are superior to most mics that are twice the price. Plus, the hemi-head has a nice open feel to it, slightly different from the A-51 wedge style. A-51 and S-51 are top of the value-priced mics. ADK A6 begins the Value-Add!
ADK A6 Cardioid Studio Microphone Features
- Upgraded Electronics from ADK Vienna/Hamburg
- Total reliability: no switches, long-life components.
- Purist audio path, super-clean supply circuit.
- Extra capsule QC and special assembly procedures.
- Transformer output for robust, full bodied tone.
- Dynamic range set to accomodate a wide rand of day-to-day studio applications.
- Low noise Class A Condenser sounds warm and open on all acoustic applications!
- Frequency response tailored to give a present and natural sound in any situation.
- Coloration Balanced – in – between the Mellow Hamburg and Sparkling Vienna Edition
ADK A6 Cardioid Studio Microphone Specifications
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 13mv/Pa
- Impedance: 200Î©
- S/N Ratio: 79dB (Ref.1Pa A-weighted)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 15dB (A-weighted IEC 268-4)
- Max SPL for 0.5%THD: 131dB
- Power Requirements: Phantom power 48VÂ±4V
ADK A6 Cardioid Studio Microphone Applications
- All vocals including voice-over work when a natural tone is desired – with a pop filter (to protect the capsule from strong blasts of air)
- Brass – with a pop filter (to protect the capsule from strong blasts of air)
- Latin and ethnic
- Stereo/ambient recording
- All stringed instrument
- Harmonica, Accordion
- Amplified instruments
- Drum kit overheads
- Solo/spot recording
- Hammond Organ
Delivery & Returns
Free Delivery on all orders of any size! Once your order is dispatched it will be delivered within 2-3 working days. Next Day Delivery is available at checkout at an extra cost of £5.99. All orders placed before 2 pm will be dispatched the same day, if you place an order after this time or on a weekend or bank holiday then we will dispatch the following working day. If you would like to return your product for any reason, our friendly team are on hand to assist, so please get in contact with us.