The Stage Bug SB-5 is a passive DI box with an integrated input cable that connects from the headphone out via a flexible 1.5m (5') cable that has a standard 3.5mm (1/8") stereo connector. The cable is secured using a clamping strain relief and wrapped using the sidewinder cleat for easy storage and immediate access for quick use.
Inside the signal is sent to a pair of custom wound transformers where the impedance is lowered and the signal balanced for long cable runs upwards to 100 meters (300'). The computer is isolated from the PA to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops and a ground lift switch further educes ground contamination.
The Radial StageBug SB-5 has a choice of output connectors available including a stereo set of 1/4" TRS jacks for full stereo operation or an XLR that automatically sums the left-right program material to mono saving valuable channels on the PA and making setup easier in situations where full stereo reproduction is not needed. A -15dB input pad can be used to reduce sensitivity and allow extra high output sources to be connected without distortion.
For more information on how to use the StageBug SB-5 please download the user guide PDF below.
- Audio circuit type: Passive, transformer based
- Number of channels: Two channels, mono or stereo outputs
- Frequency response: 20Hz 20KHz (± 1dB)
- Dynamic range: 100dB
- Maximum input: +20dB
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.01 @ 1kHz
- Phase deviation: 2° @ 100Hz; 5° @ 50Hz
- Input impedance: 40k Ohms, unbalanced
- Output impedance: 2.8k Ohms, balanced
- Transformer: Custom design
- Input pad: -10dB
- Auto Merge: Sums left & right sources to mono at XLR
- Ground lift: Disconnects pin-1 at 1/4" TRS outputs
- XLR configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Input connector: 3.5mm (1/8") integrated 1.5m (5') cable
- Output connectors: 1/4" TRS stereo / XLR-M mono merge
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Baked enamel
- Size: (L x W x D) 4.5" x 1,85" x 1.35" (114mm x 47mm x 34mm)
- Weight: 0.55 lbs (250 grams)
- Shipping Size: W x H x D: 102 x 76 x 165mm (4" x 3" x 6.5")
- Shipping Weight: 0.8 lbs (365 grams)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
Delivery & Returns
Free Delivery on all orders of any size! Once your order is dispatched it will be delivered within 3-4 working days. Next Day Delivery is available at checkout at an extra cost of £5.99. All orders placed before 2 pm will be dispatched the same day, if you place an order after this time or on a weekend or bank holiday then we will dispatch the following working day. If you would like to return your product for any reason, our friendly team are on hand to assist, so please get in contact with us.