At the heart of the Radial ProD2 stereo DI box is a design featuring two high performance Eclipse ET-DB2 transformers. These deliver a frequency performance of 20Hz to 20kHz and are able to withstand tremendous signal levels without distortion. Unlike an active circuit that can overload when the signal exceeds the rail voltage, transformer based DI boxes saturate. This creates a pleasing effect, naturally rounding out the tone and acting like a subtle limiter-particularly beneficial when working with digital pianos, samplers and drum machines that can produce excessive dynamics.
The ProD2 is designed and built to handle the rigors of professional touring. A 14-gauge steel ultra rigid i-beam frame eliminates stress on internal circuitry, with an innovative book-end design creating a protective zone around the connectors and switches. A full bottom no-slip pad adds mechanical isolation and electrical insulation to further reduce the opportunity for noise.
With a warm sound, legendary build quality and compact design, the Radial ProD2 is an excellent choice for studio recording or hitting the road.
- Audio circuit type: Passive, transformer based
- Number of channels: Dual channel (Stereo)
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 18.5KHz (± 0.2dB)
- Dynamic range: 128dB
- Maximum input: +18dB @ 20Hz
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.01% from 20Hz~20kHz @-10dB
- Phase deviation: 1° @ 100Hz; 8° @ 20Hz
- Input impedance: 140k Ohms, unbalanced
- Output impedance: 150 Ohms, balanced
- Transformer: Radial RT-DBI, 12:1 ratio
- Shield: Faraday, mu-metal can
- Input pad: -15dB
- 180° polarity reverse: Inverts absolute phase
- Ground lift: Disconnects pin-1 at XLR output
- XLR configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Connectors: 1/4" in & thru, XLR-M out
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Baked enamel
- Size: (W x H x D) 70 x 108 x 44mm (2.75? x 4.25? x 1.75")
- Weight: 0.54kg (1.2lbs)
- Shipping Size: W x H x D: 102 x 76 x 165mm (4.00" x 3.00" x 6.50")
- Shipping Weight: 0.61 kg (1.35 lbs)
- Power: Passive, no power required
Delivery & Returns
Free Delivery on all orders of any size! Once your order is dispatched it will be delivered within 2-3 working days. Next Day Delivery is available at checkout at an extra cost of £5.99 on all products in stock. If any product in your order states usually dispatched within 3-5 working days, or stock due date, the product will be ordered directly from our suppliers and shipped out to you when it arrives at our warehouse. All in-stock orders placed before 2 pm will be dispatched the same day, if you place an order after this time or on a weekend or bank holiday then we will dispatch the following working day. If you would like to return your product for any reason, our friendly team is on hand to assist, so please get in contact with us.